All of our streams here at SharpStream are load-balanced for increased stability and reliability. This, in a nutshell, means that you when you send your stream, it is sent to a mount on one of our "ingest" servers (we refer to this as an ingress feed). This is then distributed via multiple identical servers called "edges". Each of your listeners is sent to one of these edges to hear your live content.
To check that you are successfully sending a feed to our ingest server, follow these steps.
1. Navigate to the applicable Station.
2. Select the Stream that you would like to check.
3. Navigate to the Stream Information panel on the right hand side of the stream's page.
4. Scroll down to the Live Listen section of the panel.
5. Click on the red box labelled Ingress.
6. If you can hear audio*, you're good to go! If not, check your encoder is connected and that the settings are correct.
7. If your ingress is audible but the edge is not, please contact email@example.com
*For Premium users: ensure the audio you hear matches up with what you are intending to broadcast. As you may have a fallback loop which plays when you are off air.